Random Musings

A highly biased and selective look at the college life of Teri




Saturday, April 24, 2004
 

I posted this a few days ago, but am just now getting round to posting a link here:

Another figure painting, perhaps my best yet. Not that you can tell that from the picture, but take my word on it.

I'm painting a picture of Austin for my dear co-worker Jon as a going-away gift to present to him before he leaves. I'm keeping it a secret; he has no clue what I'm doing for him, and I think he's both excited and appalled at what it might be. Hehe. Thus far it's only okay, but it's just a two hour painting as yet, so it has plenty of time to get good. There's a good deal of cheesiness in the fact that I'm painting him a cityscape/landscape of Austin, but I can't really think of anything else to paint him that would both look decent and have some sort of symbolic and/or sentimental value. If he was quitting Starbucks, I'd paint him some coffee-related still life, but he's just transferring so I'm sure more coffee is the last think he'd want in a painting.

Further on yesterday's posts, I have decided on Shakespeare, but am still trying to choose between American Lit with Kevorkian or 18th Century Brit Lit. Le sigh. I need to figure this out before Tuesday.

I have two semesters of college left. An I'm-scared-to-death-omg- what-will-I-do-when-I-graduate-with-two-arts-degrees rant is bound to manifest itself here in the near future.

Have I ever mentioned how much I love The Church? The band, that is. I mean, I love my church, as well, but... yeah, I'm talking about music here. They may have been something of a one-hit wonder, but Starfish is such a great album, it truly is. It's the odd sort of music that makes me feel nostalgic for... something, but I'm not sure what. I love it.

posted by Teri | 11:40 PM |


Comments

Post a Comment
About Me
Writing
Art
Blogs and Journals
Previous Posts
Archives
Past Templates
Quote
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?