Random Musings

A highly biased and selective look at the college life of Teri




Wednesday, July 10, 2002
 

Yesterday was Micki's nineteenth birthday, so I spent the entire day goofing off with her, her family, and a few other friends. We spent the entire afternoon and evening eating Mexican food (mmm, shrimp quesadillas) and birthday cake, playing Catch Phrase, swimming, and watching Mallrats. It was the most fun I've had in a very long time.

I was quite proud of my choice of gift: I obtained tickets for the both of us to see The Lion King next Tuesday. The musical, that is, not the movie. I know some of you are thinking, "who on earth would pay money to go see a live-action version of The Lion King?" Now, the story to the musical is pretty straightforward, definitely. But the visual effects are absolutely AMAZING. It's totally worth it just for that. I can't wait.

In other news, my sleeping problems have decided to take a new approach: Now, instead of not being able to sleep at all, I'm able to fall into a sometimes uneasy slumber around 11 or 12 o'clock at night. Which is a good thing... except for the fact that I wake up again sometime between 2 and 4 in the morning, and usually can't get back to sleep for a few hours. This is rather exhausting -- especially on the days when I have to wake up at 5 AM.

I think certain people in different time zones are almost pleased to see me awake and online at ungodly hours of the night, but while it's a pleasant distraction from the fact that I'm unable to sleep, I would gladly trade any late night conversation for a couple more hours of rest. Sigh.

posted by Teri | 9:59 AM |


Comments

Post a Comment
About Me
Writing
Art
Blogs and Journals
Previous Posts
Archives
Past Templates
Quote
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?