Wednesday, October 29, 2003
College Sucks
After the semester has ended, these are the hours I will still need in order to graduate:
3 US government
3 US history
3 social science
6 science
3 music
12 English
3 Studio Art
This is my current registration for Spring 2004:
English -- 20th Century Czech Fiction
English -- Shakespeare: Selected Plays
Art -- Intermediate Painting
Art -- Intermediate Drawing
Hmm. Now, ideally, I wanted to lay off the art this semester, and take three English classes instead -- until I discovered that I can only take two English classes per semester. Boo, hiss. I am most likely going to drop one of my art classes -- but what to replace it with? I'm considering a couple of options.
1. I can just take a history or science class instead, and be done with it. In which case I am considering HIS375L: Stuart England.
2. I can make an attempt at being added to the Creative Writing class, and if successful then do some fun schedule-shuffling, and drop either my Shakespeare class or the 20th Century Czech Fiction class, and save CW for next semester. I could then replace the missing class with GEO307: Intro to Oceanography and get a science credit out of the way. Or, I can replace it with the Stuart England history course and get my social science out of the way.
My question is whether it's worth it to make an attempt at all that adding and dropping in the interest of one class. The thing is, I'd like to take Advanced Painting in Fall 2004, and I'm afraid the time-intensive nature of the class would interfere with creative writing.
Sigh. Why am I double majoring again?
posted by Teri |
2:04 PM |
|